Spaghetti Ice Cream (Spaghetti Eis)
Imagine creamy vanilla ice cream noodles. They sit on a cold bed of whipped cream, covered in a strawberry sauce that resembles Bolognese. In the end, you sprinkle it with white chocolate parmesan. This ice cream dish is so much fun and a wonderful taste sensation. This is the most popular ice cream dessert in Germany and it's easier to make than you might think
What is German Spaghetti Ice Cream?
Spaghetti ice cream does not consist of spaghetti and ice cream, as the name might assume. Nor is it spaghetti flavoured ice cream.
German spaghetti ice cream is an ice cream sundae shaped like spaghetti. Here are the four main ingredients of spaghetti ice cream.
- The ice dessert is made from vanilla ice cream, which is shaped like spaghetti. You can achieve this by pressing the ice cream through a spaetzle press or potato ricer.
- It is topped with pureed strawberry sauce – which is made to resemble bolognese sauce.
- At last, the ice cream creation is dusted with parmesan. Made from white chocolate.
- The spaghetti ice also sits on a bed of whipped cream.
- 1 litre vanilla ice cream
- 200 gr / 7 oz strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 100 g / 3.5 oz whipping cream
- 50 gr/ 1/7 oz white chocolate
For full recipe instructions please visit mydinner.co.uk/spaghetti-ice.