Bavarian Coleslaw (Krautsalat)
A fantastic recipe for a salad buffet at celebrations. The cold coleslaw is especially refreshing and delicious in the summer.
Takes about 50min | Serves 6
- 1 head of white cabbage
- 3 tbsp salt (level)
- 250 ml mineral water
- 4 tbsp herb vinegar
- 5 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (whole)
LET’S START COOKING,
- Remove the outer leaves from the cabbage head, quarter the cabbage, and cut out the core. Cut into fine strips with a sharp knife or finely grate with a kitchen grater.
- Then place the cabbage in a bowl, generously salt it, pour mineral water over it, stir, and let it sit for about 30 minutes. Afterwards, drain the excess water and squeeze the cabbage well with your hands.
- Prepare a marinade by mixing vinegar, oil, sugar, water, and salt. Pour it over the cabbage. Season with caraway seeds and mix well.
- Cover the coleslaw and let it sit in the refrigerator for a few hours.
ENJOY & SHARE
We would love to hear from you, so please share your creations with us on social media #oneheimat